After The Event
Congratulations — you pulled off a successful hackathon! To close out your event, follow this post-event checklist to ensure you finish on a high note:
- Collect evidence of your success — aggregate press mentions, tweets, photos, videos, etc. These will be invaluable for promoting your next hackathon.
- Send a thank you note to your sponsors with key numbers, event highlights, and your best photos.
- Always be closing: offer sponsors a special deal if they agree to sponsor your next hackathon. (See sponsorship webinar for more details.)
- Email attendees and sponsors a post-event survey. The information you receive will help you make your next hackathon even better.
- Settle the books and send final payments.
- Schedule a retrospective with MLH.
- Attend MLH Hackcon to collaborate with other hackathon organizers, share your story, and connect with our great community.